Bruschetta Topped, Chicken Florentine Crepes
If you haven't seen it already, the recipe for the crepes can be found here. This is the recipe and directions for the filling and sauces. The end result is a mouthwatering, savory brunch crepe filled with a chicken florentine in a savory pesto cream, topped with a lemon butter glaze and bruschetta. This recipe was developed by Cocina Malvada Catering!
Bruschetta Topped, Chicken Florentine Crepe
Savory Pesto Cream
- 1 medium shallot
- 1/4 cup basil pesto
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 3 tbsps white wine (Blanc Du Bois, Sauvignon Blanc, or Texas Duet would work here)
- 1 tbsps pepper
- pinch of salt
- Finely chop shallots and mince the garlic
- Place a sauce pan on medium heat and add 2 tbsps olive oil
- When oil is hot, add shallots to caramelize.
- Add minced garlic, pesto, salt and pepper in right before shallots finish caramelizing and stir.
- Add wine, followed by the heavy whipping cream and bring to a low simmer for about 5 minutes. This will allow water to evaporate from the cream and allow it to thicken.
- The sauce is ready when you can run your finger on a spoon and see a definite mark
Mushroom, Spinach, and Chicken Cream Filling
- Roasted chicken breast, shredded (can use a store bought rotisserie chicken)
- 2 Portabello Mushrooms, diced
- 8 oz bag of spinach rinsed
- 3 tbsps olive oil
- 1 tbsp salt
- more salt and pepper to taste
- Place a sauce pan on medium heat and add olive oil.
- When the oil is hot, add mushrooms and salt and stir until all the mushrooms are coated. Then cover.
- After 5 minutes, when the mushrooms have released their water and are sizzling, uncover and allow most of the water to cook out.
- Add the entire bag of spinach and stir. It will seem like a lot, and that is ok because it will reduce significantly as it releases its water content.
- When your sautéed veggies seem close to losing all of their liquid, add your shredded chicken.
- Add Pesto Cream and mix it all together, bring to a simmer, then remove and set aside.
Lemon Butter Glaze
- 1 Large lemon juiced
- 2 tbsps Butter
- 3 tbsps Confectioners sugar
- Pinch of Salt
- In a sauce pan, on medium heat, melt the butter.
- Set heat to low and add lemon juice and confectioners sugar and whisk until it all comes together, about one minute. Set aside
Tomato Bruschetta Topping
- 1. Medium roma tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup Fresh basil, finely sliced
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- In a sauce pan, on medium heat, add olive oil and allow it to get hot.
- Add Tomato and stir it for about one minute.
- Add basil and garlic and stir. Bring it all to a simmer. Set aside.
Final Steps: Spoon the chicken filling on to the center of the crepe and roll sides over. With a brush or spoon spread lemon butter sauce over the crepe. Drizzle with a balsamic reduction (made using balsamic vinegar) and top with the tomato bruschetta.