Hi guys, Me again with yet another COVID update. Let’s call this COVID 4.0. I’m loving this. I can’t wait to see how this evolves… again.
Governor Abbot has announced that Bars and Other establishments can now reopen at 50% capacity so as long as your local judge authorizes it. Thanks to Judge Roger Harmon and our Precinct 2 commissioner Kenny Howell, they have allowed Lost Oak Winery to reopen, safely.
Lost Oak Winery is dedicated to the safety of our guests attending wine tastings and tours in our inviting wide-open spaces. Our staff follows CDC recommended safety protocols including mask wearing, frequent facility sanitizing, and appropriate social distancing. When you arrive, you’ll enjoy a safe experience designed for your comfort. We also offer personalized virtual wine tastings you can enjoy from the comfort of your home.
See our commitment to best practices for safety here. Scroll down a little for tasting room.
So, here is what has changed since my last update.
We now let you bring your own food in to the winery. We are currently working on a better food menu to offer more options but we are still selling sweet items from Black Bear Bakery, Boar’s Head cheeses, various cheeseboard options, a snack pack to go and kids pack. (Menus are being updated on the website.)
We have added live entertainment Thursdays and Saturdays and will continue to do this until the weather does not permit. Stay tuned to our calendar.
Life is different now.
You need a break from everyday stresses, but your normal travel plans might have to wait. Lost Oak Winery provides all the allure of travel, without the usual time, expense, and concerns of traveling. Take a break wandering our picturesque grounds, listen to live music, sip wines curated just for you, and learn more about the art of winemaking. A perfect staycation... respecting just a few safety precautions.
- We ask you please wear a mask inside the tasting room.
- We are serving wine in glass unless it’s an event with lots of children then glass will be available by request.
- We are offering tastings on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Our tours are a huge hit now where you can get outside and get to know Texas wine. Tours are limited to 6 people and social distancing guidelines will be respected.
- During events, we will be serving wine through our outside bars to avoid too many guests loitering in close quarters.
- We encourage the use of outdoor space; there will be limited indoor seating.
- Outdoor seating area layouts will be modified to comply with the appropriate social distancing guidelines and tables will be limited to 10 or fewer guests. You can pull up your own chair to the table so as long as there are only 10 per table.
- If you choose to use your own chairs, you may sit out in the lawn beyond the Lost Oak seating area. We ask that you maintain social distancing, 6 feet between chairs.
- Floors will be marked to indicate standing areas so as to respect social distancing guidelines for staff and guests.
- We encourage contactless payment.
- We adhere to all food safety standards set forth by the Department of State Health Services.
Cheers! And a huge THANK YOU for your support.