May 5, 2020 | Recipes | Chelsea McNeely
D Caterers - Chicken Portobello Scallopine in Madeira Sauce
This savory dinner recipe is provided by D'Caterers. We will be cooking this dish for our virtual cooking class on April 13, 2020. We hope you enjoy!
Chicken & Portobello Scallopine in Madeira Sauce
- 12 oz chicken breast
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup flour
- 4 tbsps butter
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 medium cap portobello mushroom (fins removed; washed; sliced)
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup Madeira
- 2 tsp beef base
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp parsley
- 2 oz Heavy Cream
- 2 cup fettuccini (cooked)
- 1 cup asparagus
- 1/4 cup red & yellow cherry tomatoes (quartered)
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1 tbsp parsley
- Slice the chicken in medallions, cover with plastic film and gently pound out; season with pepper. Quarter the tomatoes; reserve. Cook and shock the fettuccini; reserve. Trim asparagus to 2" pieces, blanch and shock. Remove the fins from the mushroom, wash and slice to 1/8". Fine chop the parsley, wrap in a non-terry towel and rinse under cold water (squeezing regularly) until the water runs clear, squeeze our remaining water and shake into a bowl; resere. Combine water and beef base.
- In a saute pan, melt butter and 1 tbsp canola oil. Dredge the chick in flour (shake off excess) and place in pan. When flour starts to brown, flip the chicken. Add garlic and mushroom and saute. Add Madeira and reduce by half. Add beef brother and reduce by half. Add cream; bring to boil. Add pasta and parsley and toss. Remove from heat.
- In a separate pan, heat 1 tsp canola oil on high heat. Saute tomatoes until they start to carmelize. Add asparagus and saute to heat.
- Divide pasta onto the center of two plates. Divide the chicken around the pasta; cover with remaining pan sauce. Top with asparagus and tomatoes. Enjoy!