Meritage - What's in a name?
We are very excited to release our new Meritage 2017 this week!
But what is a Meritage you ask?
Meritage is a Registered Trademark of Exceptional Wines Blended in the Bordeaux Tradition. Meritage wines are handcrafted, red or white wines blended from the “noble” Bordeaux grape varieties. A Meritage wine is considered to be the very best of the vintage.
This Lost Oak Winery 2017 Meritage is comprised of:
- 37% Caberet Sauvignon from Diamante Doble Vineyards, Tokio TX
- 28% Merlot from Bingham Family Vineyards, Meadow TX
- 14% Malbec from Burning Daylight Vineyard, Rendon TX
- 14% Cabernet Franc from Burning Daylight Vineyard, Rendon TX
- 7% Petit Verdot from Sprayberry Vineyards, Midland TX
Which all adds up to a whole lot of awesome!
This Meritage wine greets you with a beautiful rich ruby color with an earthbound blackberry aroma. Creamy butterscotch meets cherries and sweet tobacco on the tongue. With a smooth silky texture, and complex robust structure, this wine lives up to its name. Aged in American and French oak, pair this great Bordeaux blend with Coq au vin, beef bourguignon, steak au poivre, hearty robust beef stew, leg of lamb, dark chocolate stuffed croissant.
- Written by Angela Chapman, WSET III
Edited by fellow wino Mariam Copeland