Shrimp Farfalle Pasta Recipe
Shrimp farfalle pasta is a wonderful dinner option for those warmer spring evenings. Our very own, Roxanne, will be making this dish from her own kitchen on 6:05 Lost Oak Live on April 29th on our Facebook page! Keep reading to get the recipe!
To start off, you will want to season 2 lbs of raw shrimp with a tsp garlic salt and let stand for 30 minutes. When it is ready, you will sautee the shrimp in 2 tablespoons of butter and season to taste with more garlic salt. Cook the farfalle pasta right before this step as shrimp cooks quickly.
After the pasta has been cooked and drained, you will add 2 cans of Rotel tomatoes. Cubed tomatoes can be substitued if you do not like spicy.
Then you will add 1/3 of a bottle of Zesty Italian Dressing, 1/2 cup of dry white wine (we recommend our Blanc Du Bois), the juice from 1 lemon, one 16 oz container of sour cream, 16 oz. of shredded monterey jack cheese, and 16 oz. of cheddar cheese. Stir all of the ingredients until blended. Add more Italian dressing and white wine if it is too dry. Then add the shrimp. Garnish with chopped green onions and then serve!
This recipe makes 8 large servings. It is very good left overnight and served the next day.
SHRIMP FARFALLE PASTA RECIPE
- 1 lb farfalle pasta
- 2 lbs raw shrimp
- 2 tsp garlic salt
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 can rotel
- 1/3 bottle of Zesty Italian Dressing
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (Blanc du Bois would be perfect)
- 16 oz. shredded monterey jack cheese
- 16 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
- 16 oz. sour cream
- chopped green onions
- 1 lemon
- Cook 1 lb of Farfalle Pasta.
- Sprinkle 2 lbs of raw shrimp with 1 tsp. garlic salt and let stand for 30 minutes. Sautee shrimp in 2 tbsps of butter and add more garlic salt to taste.
- Add 2 cans Rotel to warm, drained pasta.
- Add the Italian Dressing, white wine, juice from the lemon, sour cream, monterey jack cheese, and cheddar cheese to the pasta and stir until well mixed. Add more dressing and wine if too dry.
- Add the shrimp.
- Serve and garnish with chopped green onions.