November 19, 2021 | Food, Recipes | Judy Estes
- 2 pounds fresh yellow and zucchini squash sliced ¼” thick (about 6 cups)
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup
- 8 oz. sour cream
- 2 eggs well beaten
- 1/2 cup of butter melted
- 2 cups of Julienned carrots (strings) or 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 medium onion - chopped
- 1 red pepper - chopped
- 3 cups of Stuffing mix (cornbread mix or regular seasoned mix)
- Grated cheddar cheese
- Sautee squash, onion & pepper in 2 tablespoons of butter
- In a large bowl mix sour cream, Cream of chicken soup, ½ cup of melted butter, Julienned carrots (strings), and eggs.
- Fold in squash mixture
- Grease (or spray) a large casserole dish with cooking oil
- Make 2 layers:
- Alternate ½ squash mixture and 1½ cups stuffing mix
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes
- Top with grated cheddar cheese.
- Return to oven to melt grated cheese before serving.