Welcome to Lost Oak Winery's Blog.
Holiday Spiced Sangria
Our Holiday Spiced Sangria is the perfect drink for the Holidays. Make a large batch and have it ready for your guest. Enjoy this flavorful sangria with taste of apple cider, cinnamon, nutmeg, and clove. Sure to be a party favorite and make your home smell as lovely as holiday cheer. Try out this recipe with your friends and family.
2 cups boiling water
2 cinnamon sticks
2 pkgs Spiced Apple Cider
1/2 teaspoon Whole Cloves
1/2 cup Orange Juice
1 cup Evans2 (dry red wine)
1/2 sliced unpeeled Honey Crisp Apple
Garnish glass with 1/2 slice fresh orange
Heat water in microwave. Stir in 2 pkgs Spiced Cider Mix
Add cinnamon sticks and cloves
Allow to cool
Add Orange juice
Add Evans2 red wine
Add apple slices
Serve chilled or at room temperature
Remove cinnamon sticks and cloves awhile to avoid over spicing
Makes approximately 6 glasses
Time 15 minutes
Strawberry and Brie Bites
Strawberry & Brie Bites
12 small fresh strawberries
12 fresh basil leaves
3 ounces of Brie cheese, cut into 12 small pieces (about 1/2-by-1-inch)
2 teaspoons balsamic glaze
Your Favorite Cracker
- Thread a strawberry, basil leaf, and piece of cheese onto each of 12 toothpicks. Place on top of crackers. Drizzle with balsamic glaze just before serving.
- Make Ahead Tip: Hold (without glaze) at room temperature for up to 1 hour or refrigerate for up to 2 hours.
- Equipment: 12 appetizer-size skewers or toothpicks
- Balsamic glaze is balsamic vinegar that's cooked until it's very thick. Look for it with other vinegar in well-stocked supermarkets. Or make it yourself by boiling 1 cup balsamic vinegar in a small saucepan over medium-high heat until syrupy and reduced to about 1/4 cup, 10 to 14 minutes.
Pairs well with:
Rox-E Crimson Oak
Shop now Shop now
- 2 pounds fresh yellow and zucchini squash sliced ¼” thick (about 6 cups)
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup
- 8 oz. sour cream
- 2 eggs well beaten
- 1/2 cup of butter melted
- 2 cups of Julienned carrots (strings) or 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 medium onion - chopped
- 1 red pepper - chopped
- 3 cups of Stuffing mix (cornbread mix or regular seasoned mix)
- Grated cheddar cheese
- Sautee squash, onion & pepper in 2 tablespoons of butter
- In a large bowl mix sour cream, Cream of chicken soup, ½ cup of melted butter, Julienned carrots (strings), and eggs.
- Fold in squash mixture
- Grease (or spray) a large casserole dish with cooking oil
- Make 2 layers:
- Alternate ½ squash mixture and 1½ cups stuffing mix
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes
- Top with grated cheddar cheese.
- Return to oven to melt grated cheese before serving.
Warm Spiced Mulled Wine Recipe
Our warm spiced Roussanne is the perfect drink for a cold evening. As it is warming up, the smell of apples, cinnamon, nutmeg, and clove will fill your home, bringing you memories of Christmas and drinking apple cider fireside. Try out this recipe for a warm treat.
Warm Spiced Roussanne Recipe
3 bottles of White Holiday 2018
1 honeycrisp apple (sliced, but not peeled)
1/2 tbs whole cloves
1/4 cup fresh orange juice
1/4 tsp grated nutmeg
2 cinnamon sticks
1-2 slices fresh ginger (approx. 1 in. diameter & 1/8 in. thick, or use a vegetable peeler and shave off a couple strips.
Brown sugar or honey to taste (optional)
Pour bottle of White Holiday into a crockpot.
Insert whole cloves into the flest part of the apple slices and put into the crockpot.
Add orange juice, nutmeg, cinnamon sticks, and ginger to crockpot.
Stir to combine. Heat on low for about 2 hours, do not simmer or boil. Once everything heats up you can add brown sugar or honey to taste.
Remove the cloves from soaked apples and discard. Use the soaked apples and fresh cinnamon sticks for garnish.
Enjoy a warm glass next to the fireplace for a holiday treat!
Simple Sangria Recipe to Enjoy Now!
Lost Oak's Sangria Recipe
- 1 bottle of Lost Oak Dolce Rouge (750 ML)
- 1/2 can orange juice concentrate
- 1/2 can lemonade concentrate
- 1 can of Sprite or Ginger Ale
- Add round slices of lemons and oranges to float.
- Mix Dolce Rouge with fruit concentrate
- Stir well and add Sprite
- Add fruit and enjoy!
Share your creation with us! Tag us on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest! #Lostoakwinery
- 1 loaf of French bread
- 1/2 tablespoons of minced garlic
- 8 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup of shredded basil
- 1/4 cup of shredded parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Place sliced French bread on parchment paper and brush olive oil on
- Top bread with shredded parmesan and bake for 5-10 minutes or until crispy.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, mix tomatoes, garlic, basil, and salt and pepepr.
- Dice the tomatoes and cut the basil into ribbons. Stir well.
- Assemble the bruschetta mixture on the French bread.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes
- Enjoy it and pair well with Lost Oak's Blanc du Sharkey
Summer Food Pairings
Both Mourvèdre and Tempranillo have tones of being smokey in nature. Mourvèdre has lighter notes that are perfect for outdoor foods.
Lemon Thyme Pork
Lemon Thyme Pork Recipe
Try this simple, flavorful dish with Lost Oak Winery Quartet - a complex, aromatic, fruit forward wine. The lemon in the sauce brings out the citrus notes in the Quartet and we are sure you will love this pairing!
- 4 thin, boneless pork cutlets (chops) approx. 1/2 inch thick
- 1-2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 lemons
- 1 package fresh thyme (2-3 tsp leaves)
- 2 cloves garlic - finely chopped
- 1 cup jasmine rice (you can substitute with 2 packages of 90 second butter & garlic rice)
- 6 tbsp butter
- 6 tbsp sour cream
- 2 tsp chicken stock concentrate (mat use "Better than Bouillon")
- Pat pork dry with paper towels. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil on medium high and cook pork until browned (approximately 2-3 minutes per side). Turn off heat and set pork aside to rest.
- Melt 2 tbsp butter in bottom of rice pan. Saute 1 clove garlic approximately 30 seconds. Bring water to boil in pan with butter and garlic. Add the rice and cook.
- Make the sauce. Add 2 tbsp butter to pork fry pan, saute 1 clove minced garlic and thyme leaves approximately 30 seconds. Stir in chicken stock concentrate and 1/2 cup water and simmer. Stir in sour cream, 2 more tbsp butter, juice of 1 lemon (approximately 1 tbsp). Season with pepper.
- Fluff rice. Taste and season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Top with pork. Spoon sauce over all. Serve with lemon wedges,.
Easy Pork Stir Fry
Easy Pork Stir Fry Recipe
This savory and spicy pork stir fry recipe from Hello Fresh is easy to make and absolutely delicious. Pair this dish with our Lost Oak Winery Gewurztraminer. Our Gewurztraminer is a uniquely flavored wine that gets even better with any type of Asian food. In the Alsace region of France, where this wine reachers its pinnacle of character, it also pairs well with a soft, "stinky" Muenster cheese. Give this pair a try and let us know what you think!
- 1 lb ground pork
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 12 tbsp Hoisin sauce
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp sriracha (more if you like it really spicy)
- Juice of one lime
- Brown ground pork in vegetable oil. Set aside.
- Partially cook green beans in microwave approximately 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Cook rice. Set aside.
- Make sauce: Whisk together cold water and corn starch until corn starch is dissolved. Add Hoisin, soy sauce, lime juice and Sriracha to taste.
- Return ground pork to temperature on medium low.
- Add green beans to ground pork and continue cooking until beans are tender.,
- Add sauce and stir until thickened.
- Serve over rice.
- Top with peanuts.
Whoopie Pie Recipe
If there's anything we love to have with our wine, it's chocolate. Our friend Ellie from Black Bear Bakery whipped up these delicious mocha whoopie pies to pair with our Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve! Buy a bottle and try out this recipe and let us know what you think in the comments!
MOCHA WHOOPIE PIES RECIPE
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 2 tsp instant espresso
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- Cream sugar and shortening and add egg.
- Add all of the whole milk to the bowl and mix until just combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the bowla dn mix until just combined
- Slowly add the hot water to the bowl.
- Spoon out roughly 2 tbsp sized globs onto a pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 5 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
- Disolve espresso into heavy cream.
- Mix all ingredients until well combined.