Welcome to Lost Oak Winery's Blog.
If there's anything we love to have with our wine, it's chocolate. Our friend Ellie from Black Bear Bakery whipped up these delicious mocha whoopie pies to pair with our Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve! Buy a bottle and try out this recipe and let us know what you think in the comments!
MOCHA WHOOPIE PIES RECIPE
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 2 tsp instant espresso
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- Cream sugar and shortening and add egg.
- Add all of the whole milk to the bowl and mix until just combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the bowla dn mix until just combined
- Slowly add the hot water to the bowl.
- Spoon out roughly 2 tbsp sized globs onto a pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 5 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
- Disolve espresso into heavy cream.
- Mix all ingredients until well combined.